The Yoruba word ‘adun’ translated into English means “sweetener.”
It is the primary purpose of Adun to make well those in need of wellness; either through financial grants, material contributions or undertaking projects that positively impact the quality of a person’s life.
Through Adun, we engage humanity by touching one life at a time. It’s our proverbial pebble in a placid lake. The ripples of our activities continue to spread through every part of the globe.
Our support may be in the form of providing assistance in meeting a specific need or through monetary grants given to individuals referred or in support of other existing charitable organisations with similar objectives.
In order to access our funding or support, you must send us an application or request which aligns with the causes we support and adheres to the application guidelines below.
1. Applications can be submitted at any time of the year, as there are no funding deadlines.
2. Applications can be submitted at any time of the year, as there are no funding deadlines.
3. Applications should comprise a single document of no more than two pages. Applications will have a better chance of success if they include:
• A brief description of circumstances;
• Details of specific amount needed;
• Timeframe within which the grant is needed; and
• An outline of how the grant will directly benefit the applicant.
4. The amount of detail and supporting information provided will influence the time it will take to assess the application and might obviate the need to ask for further supporting information.
5. All applications should be sent by post to the address below:
3rd Floor, 86-90 Paul Street,
London, EC2A 4NE
6. All applications will receive a standard acknowledgment within 7 working days of receipt of each application.
7. If an application is successful, the applicant should hear from us within 14 working days of the acknowledgment letter sent. Applicants who do not hear from us within this time must assume they have been unsuccessful.
Our Trustees frequently meet to jointly decide which causes to support and levels of contribution. In the past we have given:
Our Trustees are in constant touch with each other to ensure any request for help is dealt with as quickly as possible. This can be as fast as a few hours from receipt of a request.
A full copy of our Grant Making Policy can be accessed below.